This morning I was walking by the main office and saw a girl leaning against the wall. I stopped. She was visibly upset.
Me: What do you need? Can I do anything?
Girl: I need to get out of here before I break down.
I lightly put my hand on her shoulder and we walked into the office. We talked to a principal and I left to go to my first period. She had a beautiful blue flower in her hair and I complimented her on it when I walked out of the door.
This is a student who I do not know and I will never on know if she was able to settle her issues. This is the plight of a teacher. We feel connected to every student in the building; we smile when they laugh; we feel upset when they are hurting. And even when we know that they need a hug we have to hand them off to someone else.
- technephiliac likes this
- awkwardmayhem reblogged this from teaching-everydayisdifferent
- readerlb likes this
- gornishka likes this
- therewillbefandomtears likes this
- myanchoronthisship reblogged this from teaching-everydayisdifferent
- leeyuri87 likes this
- aallegory likes this
- myselfandalterego likes this
- leftme-hanging reblogged this from teaching-everydayisdifferent
- sunshine-kiss likes this
- thegrandeurofbeinggloria likes this
- christopherunfit likes this
- kayla-gambino likes this
- dresdendoll1944 reblogged this from teaching-everydayisdifferent
- electric--bird likes this
- thefreelancecynic likes this
- leninistvaporwave likes this
- arcoubieboobie likes this
- mexicaninabox likes this
- seighin reblogged this from teaching-everydayisdifferent
- thevalidfallacy likes this
- lez-be-luxurious likes this
- jemimarocks likes this
- thewine-darksea likes this
- emmim1997 likes this
- eufatiminha likes this
- eufatiminha reblogged this from teaching-everydayisdifferent
- lucidxinsane likes this
- gabriellacdavis likes this
- zacharyw92 likes this
- acidaemoon likes this
- teaching-everydayisdifferent posted this